Advantages of Using Galvanized Steel Pipe and Fittings
1. Low Initial CostThe galvanization process usually costs less than other popular methods of protecting steel. This is because the other methods are often labor intensive, and the cost of labor is always increasing. Galvanization requires less manual labor, and therefore has not been been affected by this increase.
2. Long LifeThe main benefit of galvanized steel is its long life. Galvanized steel pipe, fittings and other structures can last more than 50 years in many rural areas, and more than 25 years in severely exposed urban and coastal environments.
3. ToughnessThe unique metallurgical composition of a galvanized coating makes it very rugged. Therefore, galvanized products will resist damage during transport, assembly and service.
4. Low Maintenance CostsBecause of its ruggedness and long life, less effort is needed to maintain galvanized steel. This is especially beneficial when you have structures in remote locations that would be expensive to reach and service.
5. StandardizationThe galvanization process is usually standardized so that every product meets certain standards. This means that you’ll be able to accurately predict the lifespan and performance of your galvanized steel pipe, fittings and other products.
6. Automatic Protection For Damaged AreasBecause galvanized coatings offer cathodic or sacrificial protection, they protect the small areas of your structure that have been exposed due to damage. Other types of coating don’t provide the same level of protection, so exposed areas are vulnerable unless they’re recoated.
7. 360 Degree ProtectionThe galvanization process protects every part of a structure–every nook or cranny, corner or sharp recess. This 360 degree, total protection isn’t available with other coatings.
8. Easy InspectionThe inspection process for galvanized pipe and fittings is simple and straightforward. Galvanized coatings can be examined by eye, and their thickness can be tested with simple, non-destructive methods. If a galvanized coating appears intact and functioning, it is intact and functioning.
9. Fast AssemblyOnce a galvanized steel product is manufactured, it’s ready to be used. There’s no need to prepare, paint or inspect the coating surface. Just erect the structure and move on to the next stage of construction.